How to make pancakes in 5 simple steps:
- Gather your ingredients: You will need flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of flour, 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Whisk the dry ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Mix the wet ingredients: In a separate bowl, beat 1 egg, then add 1 1/4 cups of milk and 3 tablespoons of melted butter or oil. Mix together until smooth.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until well combined. Be careful not to overmix the batter, as this can result in tough pancakes.
- Cook the pancakes: Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip and cook for another minute or two on the other side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
Serve your pancakes warm with your choice of toppings, such as syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or chocolate chips. Enjoy! 🙂