Sharing your WiFi password on iPhone can be helpful if you want to allow others to quickly connect to your WiFi network without having to manually enter the password. Here are 10 steps to guide you through the process:
- Make sure that both your iPhone and the other device you want to share the password with are updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Ensure that both devices are in close proximity and have Bluetooth turned on.
- On your iPhone, go to “Settings” and tap “WiFi.”
- Make sure that your WiFi is turned on and that your iPhone is connected to the WiFi network that you want to share the password for.
- On the other device, go to “Settings” and tap “WiFi.”
- Find the name of the WiFi network that you want to connect to and tap on it.
- A prompt will appear on your iPhone asking if you want to share the WiFi password. Tap “Share Password.”
- The other device will prompt you to enter your iPhone’s passcode or use Touch ID/Face ID to confirm the sharing of the password. Do so to proceed.
- The WiFi password will be automatically entered on the other device, allowing it to connect to the network.
- Once the other device is connected to the WiFi network, you can close the Settings app on both devices.
Note that the sharing feature only works for iOS and iPadOS devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID and iCloud account.