To link Aadhaar to PAN (Permanent Account Number), you can follow these steps:
- Visit the Income Tax Department’s e-filing portal at https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ with your PAN and Aadhaar card details.
- Click on the “Link Aadhaar” option on the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar card details, including your name, date of birth, and gender as mentioned on the cards.
- After verifying the details entered, click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- If the details entered match with those in the Aadhaar database, your PAN will be linked to Aadhaar successfully.
Alternatively, you can also link Aadhaar to PAN by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the following format: UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>. For example, if your Aadhaar number is 123456789012 and your PAN is ABCDE1234F, you should send an SMS in the following format: UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234F.
It is important to link Aadhaar to PAN, as it helps to avoid any discrepancies in tax returns and also helps in getting refunds faster.